FWD are delighted to be partnering exclusively with Ruroc based in Gloucester to recruit a Head of Creative
Ruroc has grown from £1m rev to a £20m+ revenue Action / MotorSports helmet brand selling into over 90 countries globally from its single distribution centre in Gloucester.
All sales take place through Ruroc's e-commerce store www.ruroc.com giving Ruroc a direct connection to its customers that legacy/competitor brands do not possess. This close connection to the end rider has given us the ability to rapidly innovate and enhance our gear at a rate never before seen in the global helmet industry.
Reporting to Ruroc's Chief Brand Officer, you'll be responsible for delivering every creative touch point of the brand experience - campaigns, and across the website and marketing platforms.
You will be managing and developing our "in-house agency" built up of CGI, Video, Graphic and Image execs to deliver creative assets that engages our target audience and develops an emotional connection with them. You will be working closely with the Campaign Director to create innovative concepts / ideas for campaigns that will be used across our commercial pillars (Product, Brand, Marketing, Trading, Operations).
- Be responsible for the development + ownership of the brand's visual identity across the website, campaigns, marketing platforms
- Lead and develop our "in-house agency", as well as developing + creating relationships with great outsourced freelancers / agencies
- Develop epic concepts and transform these with the Campaign Director into world class campaigns
- Manage a team of Graphic Designers, Videographers, Video Editors, Image Editors and CGI Artists to deliver all visual assets and campaign content for the business
- Work closely with Marketing and Trading team to develop assets that balance commercial needs with innovation and long-term brand building. 80% Art, 20% Science
- Provide Creative Direction, leadership, and inspiration for the content team. Encourage new & innovative ideas that push the boundaries of convention
- Keep up to date with emerging trends in lifestyle, fashion, design, film, art, media and technology. Look inside, but most importantly outside our industries
- Make sure the team are creating great content that instantly engages our fans. Understand what our audience love and notice the patterns of what makes our fans go wild.
- Positively impact and influence internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with Product, Brand, Marketing, Trading, Operations, Tech, Insight and Finance teams
- A proven track record of leading a content/creative team
- A background in design and knowledge of Adobe Creative softwares
- Strong entrepreneurial bias that has track record building, managing, and motivating yourself and digitally disruptive agile teams (internal and external) who deliver exceptional results
- Exceptional knowledge of design and branding
- Experience in content production, being able to execute a creative idea from concept
- You have a great eye for design & style
- The ability to create awesome ideas that our customers would love and increase brand awareness
- Up to date with current trends in lifestyle, fashion, design, film, art, media, and technology
- Can balance creative concepts with commercial usage
- Apply the brand design guidelines to multiple platforms i.e. website, documents, social posts
- Understand how to build team to maximize output, where mix of skill / talent types is required
We are very keen to talk to you if this opportunity resonates with your skill set and ambition to drive your career forward in a fast paced environment.