As part of the Content Team, the Product Copywriter is a detail-oriented yet imaginative writer responsible for naming and describing XXXX's growing home and lifestyle products online and in print. The ideal candidate will understand the importance of product information accuracy as well as creative content, for the customer's journey shopping.
* Name products and write compelling product copy with attention to grammar, readability, style and accuracy of product information.
* Work closely with the Buying and Product teams to ensure product content - naming, sizing, disclaimers, features and benefits - are correct and of a high standard online.
* Regularly proofread coxandcox.co.uk and make edits where necessary, keeping range copy consistent and product copy clean and error-free.
* Draft & proofread product guides and ad hoc product related copy.
* Chart, edit & proofread catalogue product copy.
* Work closely with our web merchandisers to attain and react to weekly sales activity.
* Work alongside the Digital Marketing and Ecommerce teams to support messaging, trends and initiatives with robust and relevant product descriptions.
* Respond to requests for online copy changes and edits to remedy any product display issues.
* Support to identify ways to enhance the customer experience; anticipate needs, next steps and obstacles to success.
* Research use of copy on competitive websites, consumer publications, books and social media platforms.
* Versatile, fast writer who can produce up to 200 copy blocks on a weekly basis.
* Eagle-eyed proof reader who cares about detail and takes typos personally!
* Thorough researcher with a commercial outlook.
* Experience of web content administration and web content management systems preferable.
* Experience of commercial copywriting & SEO preferable but not essential.
* Knowledge of and interest in home décor with an affinity for the Cox & Cox customer.
* Adaptive to change and comfortable with tight deadlines.
* Self-starter and enthusiastic, collaborative team player.
* 2-3 years of experience in a retail, journalism or media environment preferred.
* Working within a friendly and inspiring environment where you can succeed.
* 25 days annual leave per year + bank holidays.
* Extra day off for every year of employment up to a maximum of 30 days.
* Bonus birthday day off.
* Pension and Bonus scheme.
* Generous staff discount.
* Private health care scheme.