Head of Marketing / Fintech / SaaS / Software / Insurance / Aggregator / £75,000 / North West & Flexible Location
FWD are proudly partnering with vast:visibility to recruit an exceptional Head of Marketing.
The vast:visibility vision is to become the UK's leading SaaS provider of digital trading tools to the insurance industry.
vast:visibility is currently an innovator and technology powerhouse in the online price comparison marketplace. It uses custom-engineered software and aggregation platforms to gather data, to interpret visitor behaviour and then convert those visitors into revenue.
vast:visibility has been transformed over the last 15 years and today dominates the motorcycle insurance industry with 85% of quote volumes, has the highest converting van platform and a database of c13m user risk profiles. Recognised as an innovator and technology powerhouse in the online price comparison marketplace, vast:visibility provide the technology which underpins insurance quote aggregators on behalf of many major brands in the financial services industry, including The Bike Insurer, The Van Insurer, mustard.co.uk, Confused.com, Asda, Autotrader, MoneySupermarket, MCN and GoCompare.
Today vast:visibility operates at revenues of £20m and £2m EBITDA with the market opportunity to grow this several fold. Their expertise in online marketing, conversion and optimisation continues to give vast:visibility, and the many comparison sites they power, a valuable route to market and commercial advantage, positioning themselves for continued success.
The Role & Purpose
As Head of Marketing your primary objective will be demand generation and customer acquisition. Your responsibilities within this role will include:
- Drive qualified leads from target segments at a target CPL through performance focused marketing activities, and work with sales to support the conversion of these leads to wins.
- Manage the acquisition marketing function to:
- generate efficient online demand through paid digital activity (PPC, Paid Social)
- maximise the visibility in organic search through SEO
- maximise the impact of email marketing for new and existing clients
- Work with Sales to optimise the conversion of online demand to quality leads
- Ensure best practice approaches are applied across performance marketing channels and manage teams to incrementally refine and improve performance.
- Ensure the business has the analytical frameworks and processes in place required to direct marketing spend across channels, campaigns and providers.
- Work with internal stakeholders to refine or devise marketing metrics and KPIs as needed to inform ROI.
- Measure and report on marketing effectiveness across all channels with a focus on maximising ROI and new client acquisition.
- Build a roadmap for marketing strategy over a longer-term horizon (i.e. extending existing channels and/or testing new avenues to market).
Brand Management and Development
- Own the "brands", refining this over time in alignment with value proposition.
- As Head of Marketing you will lead your team to produce high-quality marketing content across a range of channels with the intention of boosting awareness of the services we offer.
- Overall responsibility for all sales collateral.
- Development and management of a brand content calendar to optimise lead generation across a number of product areas.
- Overall responsibility for our social presence and social content strategy on all platforms and markets including review sites.
- Manage PR relations with local and regional media.
- Work with SLT and other key stakeholders to contribute to brilliant, disruptive thought leadership campaigns to support the lead generation activity.
- You will be responsible for educating internal teams and key stakeholders to ensure they fully understand the brand DNA.
- Proven experience in leading the formation and roll-out of a digital marketing strategy within a similar B2B (ideally software) business.
- Must have strong strategic ability whilst also being able to roll the strategy out, including experience directing the activities of the marketing team.
- Experience of building and managing a team, with strong people management abilities.
- Experience of building and improving the analytics and metrics required to inform ROI driven digital marketing.
- Deep specialist knowledge in one or more digital acquisition channels, ideally online search and/or social (LinkedIn).
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Experience working with senior or board level stakeholders.
- A natural leader with strong leadership and people management skills.
- A highly creative thinker.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Good planning and organisation skills - able to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong attention to detail when producing data, reports, or other analysis.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Full understanding of Lead generation / Marketing function
- Ideally experience of using a marketing automation tool.
FWD are partnering exclusively with vast:visibility on this assignment. Any direct or third party applications (via recruitment agencies) will be passed onto FWD for review.