Interviewing Tips to take away
Best Job Interview Tips
Back to Candidates
Email us your CV
- Ensure your consultant has provided you with a detailed understanding of the position description, the team environment and the organisation.
- Conduct additional research on the organisation by reading annual reports and researching on the internet. Understand the organisation’s products and services, size, locations, financial situation and growth potential.
- Make sure you know exactly where you’re going and always be on time.
- Dress conservatively and pay attention to all aspects of your dress and grooming.
- Know the exact place and time of the interview, the interviewer’s full name and the correct pronunciation of their title.
- Spend time reviewing your resume and experience and its relevance to the position. Identify the specific examples in your background that are directly relevant to the position description and demonstrate your ability to do the job.
- Refresh your memory on the details of present and past employers and your work history for each. You will be expected to know a lot about a company for which you have previously worked. Pay particular attention to how you will describe your most important achievements.
- Be prepared to communicate why this role appeals to you, why you should be considered for this role and what sets you apart from other candidates.
- Prepare the questions you will ask during the interview. Remember that an interview is a two-way street. The employer will try to determine if you have the qualifications necessary to do the job. You must decide whether the company will give you the opportunity for the growth and development you seek.