FWD Thinking are working with a superb B2C business in Chippenham who are on the look out for a Senior Marketing Strategist for a 12 month FTC.
The Group Marketing Team is responsible for acquisition and retention of customers across sectors and channels. Its focus is increasingly on digital channels, which currently drive 40% of customer acquisition, and the ambition is to increase this to 75%. As the leader of this team, you'll be the driving force behind not just this step change.
About the Role
As Senior Marketing Strategist, you'll lead the content, channels and retention functions. As digital activity gains prominence and focus within marketing throughout 2018, you'll work with your team to drive forward customer acquisition and retention through a multi-channel approach. You'll do this through the development and delivery of annual strategic digital plans across all business areas (including domestic customers, businesses and generators). You'll drive online Digital performance and Marketing strategies and will play a key role in our Digital vision, helping to lead the digital strategy around engaging with new customers. You'll do this with a backdrop of significant regulatory requirements and in an industry highly visible in the media making the need for competitive differentiation all the more important.
Performance across your marketing channels will be achieved through the strategic ownership and delivery of all digital media including PPC, Display, Social, Affiliate as well as a small number of offline marketing channels. Successful management of 3rd party relationships will ensure customer, CPA, CRO and LTV targets are met. You'll also own the for creation and delivery of the content strategy, working with your team to pull together input from external agencies and departments across the business in order to build on and deliver against the work done to date.
As Senior Marketing Strategist, you're expected to be proactive and take ownership of their responsibilities and to support the wider Marketing team from customer journey through to offline.
- To own and champion marketing throughout the business
- To lead a team, driving high performance and output against key set objectives.
- To work with the Digital product teams on broader projects.
- To work closely with the Senior Planning Manager, Head of Brand & Comms and the Head of Digital to report, analyse and forecast.
- To lead strategies across the business within PPC, display, affiliate, paid social, email and other marketing channels - using strong data-centric values and approach.
- To analyse performance of various campaigns, using actionable data to optimise and further grow digital channels.
- To effectively report success and failures to senior management and exec.
- To ensure all activities are performance-monitored and delivered against a financial plan.
- To manage relevant third-party relationships.
- To lead and own content strategy.
- To own and manage the acquisition trading budget and forecast.
- To lead reporting and decision-making on digital activities and campaigns to ensure an optimised media mix.
- To monitor and act on competitor activity in order for the business to keep abreast of movement in price, propositions and media of our competitor set.
- To be a key marketing stakeholder working with the wider Digital team to ensure that the on-site and in-app digital experience supports acquisition activity and retention initiatives.
- To keep abreast with latest digital trends to ensure the business is at the digital cutting edge.
- Extensive and broad background in digital marketing
- Strong monitoring, tracking and performance analysis skills
- Able to turn strategy into action and show clear deliverables
- Strong planning, organising and prioritisation skills
- Great team player
- Strong commercial acumen. KPI for this role will be performance related and a successful applicant should be able to give examples of previous work that has delivered exceptional results.
- A proactive attitude with the enthusiasm to execute tasks in a timely manner
- Strong understanding of digital and online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to short deadlines, and cope with changing priorities
- Ability to understand marketing performance data and use it to inform future decisions
Please contact Lauren for a confidential discussion.