Chief Operating Officer / Cook + Thief / Online Premium Restaurant Delivery / ££EXCELLENT
It's time for a restaurant delivery revolution.
We are Cook + Thief, the luxury ghost-kitchen restaurateurs, on a mission to reinvent the takeaway experience forever.
We seek out the best dishes from the hottest restaurants and collaborating with each chef we curate them into one single menu at a central London ghost kitchen. Then, using our ground-breaking, patent-protected technology, we deliver them to you, in pristine condition.
The way the world experiences restaurant food at home will never be the same again.
Our plan is to open six new ghost kitchens in London within a year, helping us reach over 80% of the capital's target market. In five years, we aim to be operating over 100 ghost kitchens worldwide.
Would you relish this opportunity to lead our operations and help propel Cook + Thief to the head of the table in both National and then International premium restaurant delivery? You'd be in good company - our CEO Andrew Grahame (Co-founder of Mr and Mrs Smith Hotels) has a rich heritage of building fabulous much-loved, customer-centric brands that are synonymous with luxury, quality and innovation.
Andrew's been busy, not only raising over £1.3 million on the latest crowdfund but crucially already recruiting some leading lights from within the industry and this embodies the Cook + Thief ethos "it's all about the chefs". You will be rubbing shoulders with the like of Michelin maestros Ollie Dabbous (Hide) and Andrew Wong (A. Wong) among others, ensuring that our operation mirrors the precision and obsessive high standards that these superstar chefs set in their own restaurants.
About the Role:
This is a Board Level position reporting directly into the Founder and CEO and as such we are looking for a highly driven, hardworking, fiercely organised individual who can lead, grow and galvanise the team. Ideally, as a talented operational leader you will also have experienced the raw ingredients of an early stage start-up/scale up. You will understand working in an environment where the rules and structure are yet to be fully established and gut instinct as well as sound management and commercial acumen are deployed in equal measure. You will more than likely have worked as Operations Director at Board or Senior Manager level with a minimum of 6-8 years-experience. Hospitality or contract catering experience would be an advantage but not necessarily a prerequisite.
Role Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Lead the operations of Cook + Thief and manage the performance of the team
- Define, monitor and develop the Cook + Thief core operating model
- Define clear objectives, goals, strategies and measures to support the Board and the leadership focus activities across the business, both for short-term performance and long-term growth
- Oversee daily activity of all teams, regularly evaluating organizational efficiency and making necessary changes to maximize team productivity
- Mange and oversee Logistics, Supply chain and procurement for the entire Cook + Thief operating model
- Implement robust systems, stringent procedures and effective controls on the operating model
- Streamline the existing operating framework, building sustainable efficiencies and creating an environment for scale-up growth and automation, both nationally and globally
- Project manage internal stakeholders to ensure on time and on budget delivery of services and end product
- Identify areas of improvement across the company to create and execute plans, systems and policies to boost company effectiveness.
- Create the structure and processes that deliver consistent, best-in-class consumer experience - delighting and engaging customers and ensuring passionate loyalty to the brand
You will have a demonstrable track record of driving Operational effectiveness and growth, delivering change, organisational development, financial management, human resources across diverse geographies. Crucially, you will possess a flair for strong people management skills, the confidence to lead, inspire and motivate multi-disciplinary teams. You won't be afraid to switch seamlessly from bootstrapping and rolling your own sleeves up to handling Board and C suite level investor meetings. You will recognise that every penny counts, be able to pivot on a six pence and create processes and procedure from a standing start.
This is an incredibly unique opportunity to join a business that Investors have been widely tipping as the one to watch. The market conditions couldn't be more favourable so to join the conversation, send your cv below to our retained head-hunter Samuel Laite and arrange a confidential discussion on why you have what it takes to become Chief Operating Officer at Cook + Thief.