FWD are delighted to be partnering exclusively with Ruroc based in Gloucester to recruit a Merchandising Manager.
Ruroc has grown from £1m rev to a £20m+ revenue Action / MotorSports helmet brand selling into over 90 countries globally from its single distribution centre in Gloucester.
All sales take place through Ruroc's e-commerce store www.ruroc.com giving Ruroc a direct connection to its customers that legacy/competitor brands do not possess. This close connection to the end rider has given us the ability to rapidly innovate and enhance our gear at a rate never before seen in the global helmet industry.
Reporting to Ruroc's Buying and Merchandising Director, your focus is to ensure that we always have the right stock on hand at the right time and in the right quantity. You will need to work closely with other members of the buying and merchandising team, along with our product development and trading teams, to facilitate new product introductions and facilitate the efficient flow of stock through the business.
You'll do this by working with our buying and merchandising team to formulate our buying strategy and planned order forecasts and regularly review these against performance. You'll look for seasonal trends in company trading and relevant markets to highlight our high and low requirements throughout the year and ensure that we have the right stock available at the right time. You will need to work closely with our product design team during upcoming product launches to plan the product ranges, sales and work with the purchasing manager to create buying plans for new products being introduced. Our marketing and trading team will need to be kept up to date on projected stock volumes and you will work with them to identify sales opportunities and ensure the efficient movement of stock through the business.
- THE RIGHT STOCK ON HAND AT THE RIGHT TIME - The right stock is products our target audience wants to buy, on hand means they're in stock, ready to ship when the customer needs them
- HUNT CASH & VALUE GENERATION - Planning our annual orders to maximise cash availability
- Optimise sales volume and profitability
- Work closely with the Product Design team to forecast quantities for new products and work with the Purchasing manager to deliver stock from the factory on time
- Liaise with the trading team to identify over-stocked lines that should take the lead in sales events
- Work with the brand and marketing teams to identify market trends that can improve planning accuracy for the future
- Agree purchasing plans with the Buying and Merchandising and Finance Directors
- Experience as a Senior Merchandiser or a Merchandising Manager.
- Experience in accurately forecasting quantities of products.
- Proven commercial acumen
- Experience in working across multiple and varied sources of data
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, clear and concise in both verbal and written communication
- The ability to gather key information and identify the real root problem along with a solution
- Be comfortable juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- A quick learner who can process lots of information and prioritise action
- The ability to create and maintain relationships across internal and external teams and agencies
- Effectively navigate and collaborate cross-functionally
- Are bullish about Ruroc and its potential
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Excel
We are very keen to talk to you if this opportunity resonates with your skill set and ambition to drive your career forward in a fast paced environment.