This thriving multichannel business based in Portsmouth has gone from strength to strength in the last few years and to now play a part in it's continued growth and success they are looking for an international e-commerce manager to join them.
The e-Commerce Manager will be responsible for developing and managing the online offering in overseas markets. Whilst primarily focusing on the USA, this role will lead online expansion in other countries. Working with the rest of the business across IT, distribution, product, finance, creative and marketing, you will develop a strong customer proposition that will translate into a trading calendar that you will execute. Attention should be paid to finding and implementing third parties that will help facilitate international expansion at pace. Working alongside the UK e-Commerce team, you will champion international e-Commerce within the business.
You will need to be highly organised and have excellent influencing skills, with the ability to work with and manage other departments to ensure that all requirements are delivered on time to achieve ambitious deadlines and growth targets.
As a self-starter, you will have the drive and ambition to develop an innovative growth plan, which you will not be afraid to execute. The nature of the role means that you should use available resource within the wider e-Commerce team as well as being hand-on and implement some of the strategies yourself.
Proficiency with web analytics is a given, but experience in using Adobe Analytics would be a distinct advantage. You'll need to be comfortable with Excel, highly analytical, a strategic thinker and be confident communicating about trade performance to really thrive in this position.
Excellent merchandising skills are a must and experience of using the Sales Force Commerce Cloud platform (Demandware) would be advantageous.
You will show a deep understanding of online acquisition strategies and will develop and lead the execution of the online marketing plan to grow brand awareness internationally and drive pre-qualified traffic.
- Be the in-house international e-Commerce expert.
- Develop the international online proposition, focusing on product, marketing and service.
- Develop and implement an ecommerce strategy for the overseas markets.
- Drive international ecommerce sales growth and profitability.
- Manage content production and SEO improvements to increase natural search traffic.
- Develop international online marketing strategy to include PPC, Affiliate, SEO, Display, Email and Retargeting strategy.
- Create effective customer acquisition and retention programmes
- Oversee day to day running of the international websites as well as implementing strategic projects.
- Work with the Digital Analyst to optimise the customer journey through constant review of product classification and site ordering.
- Work with the Senior Trading Manager to set out and implement a clear merchandising strategy with measurable objectives and deliverables.
- Own and manage the annual trade and marketing plan.
- Work with the Web Ops, Creative, Marketing and DBMS teams to understand key focuses and ensure high level of traffic pages are presented in the best way.
- Work with the e-Commerce Programme Manager to define the requirements for all new international websites.
- Use multiple content management systems to update and upload content to the site.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing team to ensure all email communications are supported on site.
- Constantly review competitor websites and other websites to ensure we are up to date.
- Identify areas of opportunity online suggesting ways to improve digital performance.
- Work on Ecommerce projects with the Ecommerce Project Team and wider department to deliver new platforms, sites and technology.
- Manage relevant budgets to deliver best ROI.
Education and Experience:
- Extensive experience in online / e-commerce, including at least 5 years of experience in a similar e-commerce role.
- Proven experience in the implementation of online initiatives for international markets.
- Experience of online merchandising across different categories.
- Strong creative approach combined with a clear commercial focus.
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise ensuring deadlines are met.
- Strong people management experience.
- Experience of using Content Management Systems and web analytics, and reporting on trading performance.
- Experience in the retail sector, preferably in fashion.
- Proven track record in launching, managing and growing e-commerce sites.
- Understanding of and experience of managing online marketing channels.
Please contact Lauren for a confidential discussion.