FWD are delighted to be partnering exclusively with RuRoc to recruit an exceptional Insight Manager, based in their HQ just off J11a of the M5 nr. Gloucester.
RuRoc has grown from £1m rev to a £20m+ revenue Action / MotorSports helmet brand selling into over 90 countries globally from its single distribution centre in Gloucester. All sales take place through RuRoc's e-commerce store www.ruroc.com giving RuRoc a direct connection to its customers that legacy/competitor brands do not possess. This close connection to the end rider has given us the ability to rapidly innovate and enhance our gear at a rate never before seen in the global helmet industry.
Reporting to RuRoc's Finance Director your main purpose is to deliver insight about RuRoc's Target Audience, Customers and Business that allow all business functions (Product, Brand, Marketing, Trading, Operations, Tech, Finance and People) make better decisions. Better decisions reduce risk and increase return on time, energy and cost.
You'll do this by building a foundation of truthful data everywhere and deploy tools / resources that allow you and the business to interrogate what's going on. Ideally, you'll find signals and patterns that the wider business hasn't spotted and present them in a way to inspire and influence the business to make positive change. While you're busy hunting and presenting this insight and your hypotheses you should also expect each business function to come to you and ask to help on the insight they need to allow them to make fast / quick insight decisions that affect campaign activity or trading that day.
- Deploy the right Insight tools & output at the right time, Storage locations and format, Data quality and alignment to KPIs
- Challenge yourself and each function: Do our measures relate to top down business objective?
- WHY WHY WHY - Don't just deliver data, deliver the 'so what'... 'the why'... the lead measures vs the lag measures;
- Consulting with business functions to determine data and insight requirements, both inside and outside Ruroc
- Present the data/insight to business functions at the right time
- Managing, segmenting and mining data to support CRM and email campaigns based on behaviour and customer trends
- Mining customer journey data to help us better understand where and how we can better target and market to the customer in their journey
- Support and Challenge the Technology & Finance team to design, develop and deploy the tools you need to deliver your objectives
- Work closely with the Campaign team and feed in relevant insights into the RuRoc campaign calendar
- Hire, lead and coach a leading-edge team to help execute against goals
- Provide expertise on current eCommerce industry best practice, with Insight focus
- Leading edge understanding of digital retail / eCommerce data integration & visualisation tools (Tableau, Phocas, SQL, etc) and of course Excel!
- Great skills in Business Intelligence and Data Governance, data and information requirements capture, technical data mapping, technical gap analysis
- Great knowledge / experience with Analytical / CRO tools like Google Analytics, HotJar etc
- Experience in and be able to develop an initial data strategy
- Experience in working across multiple and varied sources of data
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structure, data systems/tools and related software and data management policies and practices (Google Analytics, AB testing, user testing etc)
- Creative in your approach to data presentation so people engage, easily understand and are inspired by data
- Strategic in your thinking - proactive in mining the data for new and interesting insights that allow the business to be competitive
- Experience of running segmentation analysis on existing data to better understand our customers to create matched samples to be more targeted in paid media
We are currently conducting interviews via video conference and are keen to talk to you if this opportunity resonates with your skill set and ambition to drive your career forward in a fast-paced environment. FWD are partnering RuRoc exclusively on this assignment and all direct or third party (agency) applications will be passed onto FWD for review.