Head of PR and Communications / Travel and Tourism / Devon / ££ Comp. Calling all PR & Comms specialists! This offers a fantastic opportunity to relocate to the South West and work beside the coast.
FWD are delighted to be partnering with a leading travel business based in the South West, as they look to strengthen their PR & Comms capability with an exceptional Head of Head of PR & Communications.
As Head of Head of PR & Communications, you will be a spokesperson for the organisation, having excellent media relations within the travel sector, knowing how and when to engage the media proactively to promote the business, brands and campaigns, as well as forming business strategy when a rear-guard approach is required. You will also be instrumental in driving internal comms initiatives for the Marketing department within the business
- Lead PR & Communications strategy across Customer and Owner channels; with the media, through owned communications and corporate social channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Develop and manage a central PR plan and calendar identifying key events and dates and activating wider marketing campaigns and initiatives through these.
- Manage yearly PR & Communications budget.
- Form strategy and approach for PR crisis and reputation management.
- Identify trends and areas of opportunity relevant to the domestic travel market, both to improve cut-through with consumers and traction within the media.
- Research and interpret data (both internal and external sources), develop these into engaging thought pieces and press releases to generate coverage with key titles.
- Set out KPIs linked to business objectives to demonstrate success of PR initiatives, create reporting structure to communicate success to key stakeholders within the business.
- Working with PR agency to assess and approve key in-bound opportunities from the media for Customer and Owner audiences across our brands.
- Oversee and manage corporate social channels across LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Drive internal comms of marketing initiatives to raise awareness across the business through Workvivo and email as required.
- 5 years'+ experience in a Head of PR or Senior PR Manager role within travel vertical.
- Sound understanding across comms channels and how they interlink to form a cohesive strategy (media/press, email, social).
- Experience building and maintaining strong relationships with the media.
- Excellent public relations skills; written, verbal and face to face.
- Ability to be a lead spokesperson for the business.
- Experienced in producing press releases, copywriting and delivering presentations.
- Proven expertise in raising a company's public profile, including excellent knowledge of key social channels in promoting business initiatives.
- Highly motivated with an objectives-focussed mindset, equally comfortable working on team projects as well as autonomously.
- Management experience leading and developing direct reports.
- Numerate and analytical, with the ability to communicate insights and findings internally and with key journalists
My client is keen to move expediently with hiring this position - with a buoyant UK holiday market, this represents a golden opportunity to extend their burgeoning reputation within this highly competitive sector. Please apply below for immediate consideration. Interviews will commence during September.