A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a utilities company in Wales as a External Relations Officer. This role is responsible for the day to day coordination of external relations activities, supporting delivery of the corporate affairs and stakeholder relations strategies.
Engaging with a range of key stakeholders, core responsibilities include positively promoting the company performance and delivery, whilst coordinating robust reputational management where required.
What you will be doing:
* Support the coordination of communications activities including on and offline channels, ensuring that the relevant information is delivered to the right audiences
* Support delivery of PR activities - identifying opportunities and issues management
* Support delivery of public affairs activities - coordinating events, briefing materials, political monitoring insights and reporting.
* Proactively identify appropriate communications methods required to reach key target audiences.
* Prepare and edit a range of communications ensuring quality of content and execution.
* Ensure all corporate information is maintained and clearly represents the company brand, objectives and ambition, priorities and values.
* Provide communication support for key business projects and initiatives as required.
* Provide support across the team with relevant MI, monthly reporting, budgeting and regulatory reporting requirements.
What experience you will need:
* Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook and ideally In Design (Photoshop)
* A working knowledge of stakeholder mapping and communication planning
* Be an effective communicator in both verbal and written skills
* Have excellent attention to detail and accuracy when editing and developing content for communications.
* Have experience of producing and delivering effective and engaging communications across the business.
* Able develop a good understanding of the business to maximise the effectiveness of communications.
Contact Lauren Prince for a confidential discussion!