Digital Editor / Bath / Award Winning Publishing House / ££ Competitive.
FWD Thinking are delighted to be working once again with this PPA award winning print and publishing house. They have an enviable portfolio of titles and their online digital presence grows ever stronger.
The role of Digital Editor demands an understanding of website operation, growth and management. You will report directly to their brand Editor who will ensure commercial client obligations are fulfilled and you will work closely with the brand Ad Manager.
- Populating the websites with new content
- Planning the content day to day by working closely with the Editor, but also working independently and creatively
- Employing Yoast and other SEO plugins/platforms to maximise traffic to their content
- Planning the site's future content alongside the Editor/Digital Manager to ensure brand cohesion and uniformity
- Keeping on track of site growth via Google Analytics, Alexa and other traffic monitoring sites.
- Being aware of industry content and effectively reporting on it via the news section of the website
- Making sure all current promotions and subscription offers are driven and tracked
- Taking responsibility for newsletters/e-blasts (managing e-blast calendar regularly)
- promoting both the currently on-sale magazine and website content via Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest
- Planning which content to promote day to day by studying the engagement habits of previous posts
- Creating and running competitions in line with Facebook/Twitter's established rules
- Construct a programme of boosting to encourage organic growth
Experience using WordPress is essential, and flexibility and the ability to handle multiple-workloads is a must. Communication, an eye for detail and reporting is vital and a keen interest in the relevant industry is significantly preferable. Basic knowledge of both InDesign and Photoshop is also desirable.