Communications and PR Exec / Bath / Legal Firm / £25,000 - £30,000
This is a great opportunity for someone to start immediately in one of Bath's leading Law firms. Initially a contract role but with a view to being made permanent.
- Deliver a programme to enhance the firm's reputation and strengthen its brand as 'lawyers ahead of the curve'
- Copywriting, editing and proofing of external communications, including press releases, literature, presentations and relevant content for the website and social media
- Play an active role in helping to 'mine' for news stories and other content, liaising closely with fee-earners as well as keeping a close eye on the media for reporting trends, breaking news and opportunities to comment
- Analyse and track PR campaigns, reporting on the results and providing insights to senior management
- Support and coach fee earners in handling and working with the media
- Help to develop the firm's thought leadership programme
- Support the Head of Communications with reputation management
- Help to develop an awards programme for the firm
- Work closely with the Communications Executive to deal with internal communications enquiries, responding as required
- Help to deliver the firm's internal communications strategy, working closely with business services teams
- Copywriting for internal communications campaigns.
- Become an intranet champion, assisting with all intranet-related queries, providing training where necessary
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a PR, journalism or related subject
- CIPR or NCTJ qualification
- National media and/or trade press contacts
- Previous experience working as a PR or Communications Assistant/ Executive or as a journalist
- Previous experience of delivering national PR campaigns or writing for media
- Previous experience in professional/financial services
- Strong attention to detail with excellent proof reading and editing skills