FWD is partnering exclusively with Bother based in West London who are looking to recruit a Buyer.
Bother is a new Digital First brand aiming to disrupt and reshape the UK grocery market, simplifying consumers' lives and providing environmental efficiency to the delivery of household goods.
Bother aims to become the single largest digital first grocery channel in Europe within 10 years. We are backed by some of the world's strongest financial investors (with pedigrees that include the likes of Revolut, Alibaba and JD.com) and have an advisory panel that includes the founding partners of Deliveroo, Thread, Gym Shark and The Hut Group.
We are looking for a Buyer who is customer focused and a confident communicator that will curate and develop the Bother range. Building the trading foundations of our company at this early stage of the business. This role will be a new hire with daily contact with the CEO and founders. You will be building on your experience as a buyer to shape and curate the Bother range in line with the business and commercial mission. You must be passionate about vendor relationship management being able to work across a large range of FMCGs alongside smaller direct suppliers.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing company with very large ambitions at such an early stage, giving the right candidate the chance to own their entire end to end process, while building the technical architecture that will underpin what we hope will prove to be one of the most exciting start ups to launch in recent years. The role offers a competitive salary and the chance to be mentored by one of the foremost startup entrepreneurs of the last 10 years.
- Fully manage all elements of buying including reviews of stock, sales, orders and forecasting.
- Work closely with Supply Chain to structure the range plan to maximise profits and provide a commercially viable range of merchandise at competitive prices.
- Build a curated range strategy in line with the Bother mission.
- Source new and constantly re-evaluate and review existing merchandise to ensure product remains as competitive as possible.
- Plan and execute departmental KPI's and ensure adequate tracking and controls are in place to meet budgets and targets. Constantly strives to improve best practise and processes.
- Keep up to date and are aware of market trends, react to changes in demand.
- Fully understand customer needs and demands (e.g. price, quality, availability).
We'd love to meet someone with:
- You will have relevant experience as a Buyer who is looking to step up into their next role and start building a team.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Good interpersonal skills - able to build and manage relationships with colleagues and suppliers.
- Commercial and keeps up to date and aware of market trends, changes in demand.
- Effective negotiation skill
All direct and third party (via Recruitment agency) introductions will be forwarded on to FWD for review.