FWD Thinking are elated to be working with this Innovative Events organization based in Cardiff. Following the rapid growth they are experiencing by bringing brands to life they are now looking for a Business Development Manager to accelerate this progression by being responsible for the delivery of strategically important commercial sales across the UK.
3 fantastic reasons to apply for this role:
- Work alongside large-scale events and clients; Welsh Rugby Union, RAC, GWR etc
- Autonomous Areas of work to display your own merits.
- Great team to help build and develop an already rapidly expanding market.
Duties shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Work with clients and Productions Managers to fulfil requirements for events.
- Actively seek new business opportunities.
- Develop a pipeline and portfolio of clients and maintaining contact to generate new business.
- Meet on a quarterly basis with clients to discuss business, progress and upcoming events.
- Proactively use the internet to identify upcoming events and prospect for new clients.
- Prospecting for new sales opportunities through social media connections or google meetings, either taking on the new work or passing it to the Sales Manager.
- Attend on site meetings with clients to discuss potential events.
- Ensure that briefs supplied are accurate and clear.
- Liaise and discuss all aspects of the event with the Production Manager
- Ability to manage client expectations ensuring that we are able to deliver the required levels of service.
- Able to identify key players in organisations and to possess the ability to convert business issues into solutions.
- Ability to effectively present a sales pitch to a prospect or client.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, resilient and possessing good networking and communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and energetic with strong interpersonal skills
- Consultative, creative and inquisitive approach to problem solving
- Ability to handle and process large amounts of information and simultaneous tasks.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent active listening skills
- Readily takes initiative
- Proven negotiation skills
- Abilities to hit Sales targets