Acquisition and Retention Director / Digital and Print Media / Bath OR London / ££Comp
FWD is delighted to be working with one of the most recognisable and successful brands in specialist interest media and publishing. Their global reach is phenomenal with over 250 million consumers across 180 + world-leading brands. As Acquisition and Retention Director you will have a proven track record in building long term high value subscriber value, will be experienced at managing a large virtual team with International exposure and can be based in either Bath or London.
About The Role:
The Acquisition and Retention Director is responsible for acquiring and retaining print and digital subscribers across the B2C and B2B portfolio and will be primarily measured on net subscriber growth and lifetime value.
As part of this headline accountability, the Acquisition and Retention Director is also responsible for developing subscriber strategy across the lifecycle to drive engagement, conversion and nurturing paid and non-paid subscribers with relevant and personalised communications.
Planning and data analysis are central to this role and as such they are expected to understand, analyse and use data effectively to drive audience targeting, decision-making and reporting.
- Digital and print acquisitions and retention strategy, planning and execution across the subscriber lifecycle
- Develop strategy to identify, reach, convert & retain new subscribers
- Delivery of acquisition plans, campaigns & analysis
- Delivery of retention plans, campaigns & analysis
- Campaign channel planning and delivery
- MyFavouriteMagazines management
- Reporting and analysis
- Budget management and forecasting
- Pricing strategy
- Working with BI and Proposition teams to define audience and develop attractive propositions
- Proven consumer performance marketing track record
- Deep knowledge of digital acquisition performance marketing
- Proven data, analytical skills
- Effective decision-making
- Campaign strategy, planning and analysis
- Budget management and numbers delivery
- Relevant Management experience
- Retention strategy, planning and delivery
- CRM incl. segment-based, cross-device marcomms
- Excellent communication, presentation skills
- Publishing sector experience
- Multinational experience, preferably US