HEAD OF CORPORATE & MAJOR DONOR FUNDRAISING / BERKSHIRE / £60-70K / CHARITY SECTOR
My client is a leading charity which works with children and young adults from across the UK and abroad. Responsible to the Director of Marketing, this is a new role to support the charity in a new and exciting phase of its development with ambitious plans to reach increased numbers of young people and extend their opportunities for achievement.
Purpose of Role
To develop and implement the charity’s corporate and major donor fundraising programme from existing and new relationships, raising high levels of restricted and unrestricted funding to meet fundraising targets.
- Identify opportunities and devise and implement a corporate and major donor strategy to meet current and future fundraising targets.
- Develop and manage new and existing corporate and major donor relationships.
- Provide appropriate stewardship to ensure long term support.
- Monitor, analyse and report on income generation and progress against targets.
- Ensure that all fundraising activity complies with codes of practice and relevant charity/statutory legislation.
- Undertake all appropriate activities to support the development and management of current and potential supporters including research, the creation of persuasive pitches, presentations, applications and reports, high level events, communications and other fundraising activities.
- Work with the Trust Fundraising Manager, the marketing and finance teams, trustees and a variety of stakeholders to achieve fundraising targets and promote the values and achievements of the charity
Skills and experience
- Experience in developing major donor and corporate fundraising strategies
- Demonstrable track record of raising six figure targets within prescribed time frames –
- Experience of developing a pipeline of prospects and maintaining relationships for high level supporters
- High performing, results orientated, highly motivated personality
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve fundraising targets